Lezyne 'Alloy Dirt Floor Drive' High Volume MTB Pump
Thanks to Neil at Palo Alto Bicycles for suggesting this pump.
See pricing at Amazon.
The Lezyne 'Alloy Dirt Floor Drive' pump is a high volume pump for rapid inflation of mountain bike tires.
It is not suitable for road bikes with high pressure tires, because the gauge only goes to 70 psi— so when traveling with road and mountain bikes, I take a smaller pump that can achieve higher pressures. But for mountain bike tires, it is now my pump of choice when at home.
- Claimed to be able to seat the bead on a tubeless wheel/tire (I have not verified this claim, but I’m dubious the pump can get the required air flow to get the tire “started”).
- The large gauge has generous spacing on the readout (but I wish it were at top instead of bottom for easier readability in dim light).
- The extra long hose is useful when the bike is jammed in a corner or on a stand; my other pump hoses fall short.
- The handle is large and comfortable.
- The pump offers good control over volume, yet inflates very rapidly with minimal effort.
- Very secure (screw-on) valve.
- A larger diameter barrel and shorter height would have been easier to stow for travel.
As per Lezyne.
- CNC Precision— CNC-machined aluminum barrel and base with steel piston. Varnished wood handle with oversized contoured grip.
- Precision High— Volume DesignLong-travel piston & increased barrel diameter creates 2x times the air flow to quickly fill tires.
- Tubeless Powe— rOversized design is powerful enough to seat tire bead on tubeless tire systems.
- Threaded Connection— Flip-Thread Chuck threads onto both Presta & Schrader valves. 100% aluminium construction.
- Oversized Gauge— 2.5" diameter gauge assembly. 70 psi/4.6 bar max.
- Long Reach— 43"/130cm extra-long, oversized, premium-grade rubber hose for high-volume applications..