↝ OWC / MacSales.com... ↜
↝ diglloyd Deal Finder... ↜
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
20% off with coupon code diglloyd20 at NuLeafNaturals.com
100% organic non-GMO, no additives or preservatives.
Legal in all 50 states
Lupine Piko Dual-LED Featherweight Lamphead
The Lupine Piko is the lamphead of choice for anyone looking for a very bright light with long runtime at absolutely minimal weight and bulk.
I have two Pikos:
- One Piko is on a headstrap for use as a very bright but lightweight headlamp for evening meat grilling, under the desk searches, tent use, etc.
- A second Piko is mounted semi-permanently as a daytime running light.
Most useful for runners, evening meat grilling, under the desk searches, tents, etc is the Piko headstrap.
The Piko can be mounted on the helmet conventionally (a velcro strap), or via a special UVEX helmet which accommodates the battery as well— an elegant solution.
A handlebar mount can also be used, and for that the Piko CNC-machined bar mount is a great way to go but this is intended for semi-permanent mounting, and requires removing the Piko mounting plate needed for headband or helmet mounting.
At much lower cost than Apple, with more options.
Lloyd recommends 64GB for iMac or Mac Pro for photography/videography.
My mounting setup
Shown below is how I mount the Piko on my road bike. This is my daytime running light setup, something I highly recommend for all road cyclists. Total weight is under 200 grams.
A special UVEX helmet can be obtained which allows mounting both the Piko and the battery in one elegant setup as shown below.
Don’t confuse the wattage and lumen ratings of Lupine’s lampheads with lesser brands which might claim even higher output, but offer inferior brightness and beam quality.
- 8W High Power LED
- 2 high-power LED, 2 x lens system w/15-degree beam angle
- 550 lumen
- 2.5 Ah Li-Ion Battery Hardcase, 3 hours charging time
- Weight 55g, 24mm diameter x 32 mm length
- CNC-machined aluminum, shot-peened black body, silver bezel
Runtimes & Illumination:
I have personally tested the Piko on full power, and it does run just about 2.5 hours at full power.
- Up to 2.5 h at 8 watts
- Up to 7 h at 2.5 watts
- Up to 19 h at 1 watt
- Up to 50 h at 0.5 watt
I usually set my Piko to 3-step mode.
- Power Control System V10
- Reserve Tank
- Deep-discharge protection
- Voltage Count to help you get longest Li-Ion lifespan
- Electronic capacity control
- Quick Select
- 2 steps dimming
- 3 steps dimming
- 2 steps dimming + RVLR
- Capacity control LOW and HIGH
- Superflash RVLR