↝ OWC / MacSales.com...
↝ diglloyd B&H Deal Finder...
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
Up to 65% better pricing than Apple
Lloyd recommends 32GB RDIMM modules for most users (more expensive LRDIMMS are for 512GB or more).
2011 Moots MootoX RSL — Build Components
Related: gear, Moots, Moots mountain bikes, mountain biking, Schwalbe, Shimano
My Moots MootoX RSL 29er was expertly built by Neil at Palo Alto Bicycles, a thorough guy (and encyclopedic with bike know-how), right down to breaking in new brake pads properly, bleeding the brakes perfectly, etc.
Weight as built:
Weighed built as detailed and shown below, with two bottle cages, wrap on chainstay, pedals 4 oz of Stan’s sealant per tire.
- Rocket Ron tires, Bontrager Al bar: 22.86 pounds
- Furious Fred tires, Bontrager Al bar: 21.7 pounds
- Furious Fred tires, RockShox SID XX World Cup, Moots 26" Ti bar: 21.63 pounds
- +280g (0.6 lb) with Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires (from Rocket Ron tires)
- -282g (0.6 lb) with Schwalbe Furious Fred tires (from Rocket Ron tires)
- +77g for Moots 26" Ti bar 31.8mm spacers (from Bontrager RL Big Sweep 640mm 7075 Al 31.8mm bar)
Dropping more weight
Changing out the stem, handlebar and seatpost to carbon fiber would likeliy save:
Moots Ti handlebar to Easton EC90: ~121g Moots Ti seatpost to Easton EC90: TBD, minimimal savings likely Thomson X4 100mm stem to Easton EC90: ~60g
Thomson X4 100mm stem to Moots Ti: TBD, minimal savings likely
But the titanium handlebar and seat post are more comfortable than stiff carbon, and more durable, so I deem these “upgrades” best used only for race duty only. The 4/10 of a pound or so savings is best taken off from body fat.
Weight weenies could possibly squeeze out another half pound by using one tube of tire sealant per tire instead of two (123g saved).
I would not personally compromise on any of those latter items; I prefer the longevity and durability and comfort of titanium.
- Moots 2011 MootoX RSL frame (18"): 3.5 pounds.
- Easton EC 90 XC 29er carbon fiber wheelset.
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires tubeless with Stan’s sealant (Racing Ralphs later).
- RockShox 2012 SID 29 with remote lockout, 80mm travel setting.
- Shimano XTR 26 X 38 crankset and 11-36 cassette.
- Shimano XTR pedals.
- Moots titanium handlebar (delayed, will use aluminum bar in short term).
- Moots titanium seat post.
- King titanium water bottle cages with Moots bead-blast finish.
- Chris King headset with red accents to play off Easton EC90 wheels.
- Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle (road bike version) with titanium rails.
- Thomson Elite X4 stem (to be replaced with Moots titanium).*
Note that the 2011 Moots MootoX RSL is designed for 80mm of fork travel. The 2012 version is designed for 100mm of travel (not necessarily superior).
MN9H2LL/A (USA/Global Unlocked)Used, Mint Condition, Factory Unlocked
Where I got the build kit
I bought my build kit at BikeBling.com., in Escondido, CA. BikeBling has a wide variety of cycling gear— give them a try.
BikeBling.com also supplied the Easton EC90 Carbon 29er wheelset, which amazingly is only 10% heavier than the 26" version.
* The temporary stem is temporary because I am unsure of stem angle and length. Once settled, the Moots titanium stem will be added.
Tires: tubes vs tubeless
After a short while, I went tubeless with Furious Fred 29 X 2.0" tires using Stan’s NoTubes sealant. Experience shows that this combination works superbly well for most riding.
I went with the Moots Ti handlebar. It offers just a tiny bit of “give”, which keeps my hands happier on longer rides.
Which Lenses to Choose?🌈
Avoid costly mistakes and get the ideal system for your needs: diglloyd photographic consulting.
Water bottle cages
The frame triangle easily accommodates dual water bottles. I had a 3rd bottle attachment custom-added to the bottom tube in case of really long rides.
The Shimano XTR brakes with resin pads offers outstanding modulation.
Shimano XTR 26 X 38 front crankset, and 11-36 cassette. The XTR 28 X 40 is possibly usable, but not advised, as chainstay clearance is whisker-thin.
Blazing fast, up to 16TB.
Blazingly fast Thunderbolt 3 SSD!
Up to 4TB capacity, USB-C compatible.
USB-C model also available
Eight-bay Thunderbolt 3 high-performance storage for photo and video.
Hard drives or SSDs.
Non-RAID or RAID-0/1/4/5/10.
Capacities up to 128 Terabytes!
20% off every day with coupon code diglloyd20 at NuLeafNaturals.com
100% organic non-GMO, no additives or preservatives, lab tested for purity and quality.
Mac or PC.
Ideal for Lightroom, Photoshop, video.
Capacity up to 16TB!