↝ OWC / MacSales.com... ↜
↝ diglloyd Deal Finder... ↜
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
Moots 2011/2012 Vamoots RSL — Overview
Moots 2012 Vamoots RSL Titanium Road Racing Bike
The 2012 Moots Vamoots RSL is a premium titanium road racing bike.
Built to last, with master-craftsman workmanship, like all the Moots bikes.
For 2012, Moots has added a stiff BB30 bottom bracket, a 30.9mm seat post, and an optional oversized 44mm head tube for front-end stiffness.
The oversizes 44mm head tube allows the use of a tapered fork, but doing so one should choose a custom head tube height to maintain the same geometry, due to the headset spacing. I did not opt for the 44mm head tube, as my test ride showed me that the standard head tube was plenty stiff.
See the Build Page.
- The lightest, stiffest riding Moots built to date.
- Certified highest US-grade Moots 3/2.5 CWSR internally butted seamless tubing for the ultimate in low weight, performance and comfort.
- Internally double-butted tubeset, maintaining full outside diameter for a 12% increase in stiffness and 15% reduction in weight
- Micro-diameter seamless 6/4 seatstays for lightweight, responsive ride feel
- Race-fit geometry for aggressive riding, training and racing
- Size-specific geometry, matching rider profile with tubing size.
- BB30 assembly increases crank stiffness by 38%, making a more responsive riding frame
- BB30 decreases Q factor by 8mm adding comfort and efficiency in drive system
- 6/4 one-piece modified Breezer SL drop out—22% lighter than standard, stronger than replaceable.
- 30.9 Seatpost diameter, stiff & strong
- Sculpted head tube is light, clean & strong
- Tapered and butted chainstays are lighter weight, maintaining stiffness in drive train for responsiveness
- Specific Vamoots RSL fork for the best handling, well-mannered ride
- Dedicated decal and component package colors for a unique, distinctive appearance.
- 9 stock sizes ranging from 48cm to 62cm to accommodate a wide range of riders.
- 2.6Lb frame. 55cm
- Limited lifetime warranty on craftsmanship and materials.
$1649 SAVE $150 = 8.0% Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (Late 2016, Space Gray) in All Other Categories
$1400 SAVE $149 = 9.0% NEC PA272W-BK-SV 27" 16:9 IPS Monitor with SpectraViewII in Computers: Displays
$899 SAVE $200 = 18.0% Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Mirrorless (Body, Silver) in Cameras: Mirrorless
Moots describes the Vamoots RSL
The Vamoots RSL is built for pure speed while maintaining that sublime titanium feel, ideal for the rider that demands flawless performance on the road in a stiff, light and durable package.
From the initial design concept to the finished bike, every tube, fitting, and advance in modern titanium technology was incorporated to achieve the stiffest, lightest frame we have ever built.
The Vamoots RSL spares no expense in detail; using a Press Fit BB30 bottom bracket to maximize drive line stiffness while increasing landing points for the oversized down tube, seat tube and chainstays. The main triangle is built of oversized double-butted seamless 3/2.5 US-made titanium to minimize weight while increasing stiffness.
Chainstays are also oversized and tapered to add even more backbone to the drive train. In the seat stay department we use a set of micro-diameter 6/4 seamless tubes to keep the ride smooth and magically Moots.
Adding to the performance of the Vamoots RSL is our very own Moots ride-tuned full carbon fork with matching graphics. This fork is specifically designed for the RSL for optimum handling and ride characteristics.
To top this special frameset off is our newly redesigned die-cast head badge. It’s available in 9 stock sizes with custom always available.
Intended Use: Aggressive high performance, all around road and road race fit..