↝ OWC / MacSales.com... ↜
↝ diglloyd Deal Finder... ↜
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
2011 Trek Madone 6.9 SSL Carbon Fiber Road Bike
Related: bicycle power meter, Lightweight, Road Bikes, Shimano, SRM
A full review is coming as soon as I have some experience on the bike.
Build and weight
Total weight is 14.3 pounds.
That’s fully equipped and ready to ride. Weight was confirmed on two different scales, one at the shop, and one at a lab-grade scale at home.
- Trek Madone 6.9 SSL 56cm frame.
- Shimano DuraAce DI2 groupo (11-28 rear cassette).
- Lightweight Obermayer wheelset with Veloflex Record (front) and Veloflex Sprinter (rear) tubular tires (picture above is with the Ventoux wheelset).
- Shimano carbon fiber pedals.
- SRM Power Meter 7950 cranks.
- SRM Power Control 7 head unit with mounting kit.
- Double wrapped top bars (for extra hand comfort).
- Two carbon fiber water bottle cages.
- Fork-mounted speed sensor.
Most bikes are weighed without pedals and extras; this bike would be below 14 pounds if weighed that way.This is the real deal sturdy and strong deal, not some custom frame built for a 140 pound rider; I’m 168 when very lean.
In everyday use, I add 1.1 pounds for an underseat bag containing a spare pre-glued Veloflex Record tubular tire, tube of sealant, mini pump, and tire iron (for tire repairs).
$799 SAVE $300 = 27.0% ASUS 15.6" Republic of Gamers GL503GE Strix Scar Edition Gaming… in Computers: PC Laptops
$800 SAVE $480 = 37.0% Gitzo GK2542-82QD Mountaineer Series 2 Carbon Fiber Tripod with… in Accessories: Tripods and Support
$40 SAVE $20 = 33.0% TP-Link HS107 Wi-Fi Smart Plug with 2 Outlets (2-Pack) in Accessories: Batteries and Power
$40 SAVE $20 = 33.0% WD 1TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive in Computers: Drives and Storage