Recovering from a mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) AKA concussion, a personal experience report..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
2019-07-04 My Strongest Ride Yet in 2019
Pages at other diglloyd sites:
See also 2 pages at macperformanceguide.com
See also 3 pages at diglloyd.com
The most challenging cycling road race in the USA?.
Some great and not so great miles..
Proper fits means higher power, greater endurance and comfort, and lower risk of injury..
Tips on how to eat and recover when training and racing..
- Nutrition When Training and Racing
- On-The-Bike Nutrition
- Nutrition for a Double Century
- Muscle Fueling: GU Energy Gel
- On The Bike Fueling: Hammer Gel
- On The Bike Endurance Fueling: Hammer Perpetuem
- Electrolyte Replacement for Endurance Events
- Post-Workout Recovery
- High Quality Protein Source — Whey Protein Isolate
- Nutrition FAQ: Fructose in Sports Gels and Drinks
- Nutrition FAQ: Caffeine in Sports Gels, Caution on Diuretic Effect
- Nutrition FAQ: Endurance Fueling for 2+ Hour Events
- Gluten-free Oats / Oatmeal for a Glucose Source
Nutrition and training tips (used with permission)..
Focusing on bike weight alone is often not the most cost effective way to cut weight..
- Faster Ascents By Reducing TOTAL Riding Weight (TRW)
- Predicting Ascent Times From Total Riding Weight (TRW)
- How To Drop Pounds For Climbing
- Climbing Speed Case Study for Everest Challenge Stage Race
- Case Study: Personal Best Climbing Old La Honda
- Case Study: Limitations of Predicting Ascent Time
- Case Study: Personal Best Alpine Rd
Learn how much muscle, fat and bone density you have to as to target training..
Tips on avoiding problems..
- How I Approach Training
- Book Review: Training and Racing With a Power Meter
- How Much Should a Bicycle Cost?
- Post-Workout Recovery
- Training: Morning Resting Heart Rate (MRHR)
- Understanding Work Efficiency, Kilojoules and Kilocalories
- Fat Loss vs Weight Loss and Muscle Loss
- How I Recover from Workouts
- Recovering From Illness While Training
- Training Weight Loss: Tracking Calories (Diet)
- Training Weight Loss: Tracking Body Weight
- Training Weight Loss: 2012 Case Study
- Training Weight Loss: Caloric Deficit
- Case Study: Burning 16926 Calories in 7 Days to Drop 4+ Pounds of Fat
- Hard Workouts
- How Much Water is Released by Glycogen 'Burning'?
- Training for Hot Conditions
- Why a Power Meter is so much Better than Heart Rate Alone
- Using a Heart Rate Monitor
- Training Using Heart Rate
- Determining Your Maximum Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Drift
- Using a Foam Roller
- Marc Pro Muscle Stimulator for Recovery
- Pedal Stroke, Power, Fatigue
Analysis of various workouts..
- Endurance Workout with Power Analysis
- Extensive and Intensive Endurance Workouts, 3 Examples
- Lose a Pound of Fat in ONE Day: Century Fat Burner
- Active Recovery Workout with Power Analysis
- Training Using Repeated Climbs (7 Ascents of Old La Honda)
- Lactate Threshold Workout with Power Analysis (Kings Mtn)
- Multi-Climb Workout (Spring 2014)
- Raising Lactate Threshold in Early Season
- Solvang Spring Double Century Analysis
- A Near Maximal Ascent of Old La Honda Road
- Six Ascents of Old La Honda: Time vs Weight
- Personal Best (Black Mtn Singletrack)
- A Hard Ascent of Tunitas Creek
- Personal Best (Tunitas Creek)
A pinnacle of road bike strength, comfort and power transfer..
Tips on using a power meter for training and racing and events..
The watt meter used by the pros..
Versatile left-side crank power / watt meter for road, mountain, BMX, track bikes..
Tubular / sew-up and Clincher Tires, tire sealant, etc..
A versatile high-performance ride for mixed off and on road pleasure..
2019-07-04 My Strongest Ride Yet in 2019
2019-02-12 Resting Heart Rate — Bradycardia
2019-01-21 Followup Early Season 3+ Hour Workout
2019-01-19 Promising Early Season ~3 Hour Workout
2018-06-14 Recovering from Extreme Efforts
2018-03-12 Counting Up My Double Centuries
2018-02-08 My Most Incredible Ride In Years
2018-02-04 Double Century Schedule for 2018
2018-01-26 Awesome Workout, So Early in the Season
2018-01-01 Double Century Schedule for 2018
2016-11-07 Winter Weight
2016-01-26 Dropping Body Fat After Fall/Winter Gains
2015-11-08 Sleep Affects Many Aspects of Physiology
2015-05-12 2015 Central Coast Double
2015-04-11 Training Overload and Impaired Power Output
2015-04-05 4+ Years of Road Cycling
2015-03-22 Three Double Centuries, a Week Apart
2015-02-21 Fitness Pre-test for a Double Century
2015-02-19 Extensive Endurance Workouts: Three Examples
2015-01-20 NYT: “A Prescription for Youth”
2014-12-04 Dientamoeba Redux
2014-10-19 Riding Strong
2014-09-13 Nine Ascents of Old La Honda
2014-08-30 Eight Ascents of Old La Honda
2014-08-03 Analysis of Six Ascents of Old La Honda
2014-07-25 Strong Again
2014-05-20 The Fatigue Clears, At Least for a Day
2014-05-18 Power Meter Shows Weakness Clearly
2014-05-03 Bloating/Fatigue: Diet or Infection?
2014-04-17 Younger Skin Through Exercise?
2014-04-13 Training with a Power Meter
2014-04-13 Spring Training: 4X Ascents over Distance
2014-03-24 Solvang Spring Double Century — Results
2014-03-10 SRM DuraAce 9000 Power Meter (11 speed)
2014-02-23 How Fat Loss Actually Goes in Practice
2014-02-21 The 'Breakout Day'
2014-02-14 FOR SALE: ZIPP 404 with DuraAce Cassette
2014-01-25 Summer Day in January
2014-01-21 Recovery and Sleep Patterns
2014-01-07 Eating Nuts May Extend Lifespan
2014-01-01 Base Training and Getting the Fat Down
2013-12-30 Everest Challenge 2014: September 26/27
2013-12-27 Winter Training
2013-11-24 Base Training Time, Updates To This Site
2013-08-07 Training Back to Normal
2013-08-07 Eat More, Lose More Weight?
2013-08-04 Minor training Setbacks
2013-07-21 Training Progress
2013-07-15 Tracking the Caloric Deficit — First Week
2013-07-12 Tracking the Caloric Deficit
2013-07-11 The Body Fat Game
2013-07-08 Back in The Game
2013-05-11 The Left Knee Persists in Griping
2013-05-09 A Brief Update: Shoulder, Training, etc
2013-03-31 Sometimes Good Surprises Happen
2013-03-28 Training Restarts as the Virus Retreats
2013-03-18 Back on the Bike — And Back Off
2013-02-03 Knee Problem — The Psychology
2013-01-21 My Plans for Training (Cycling) in 2013
2012-09-03 Acclimatizing to Altitude
2012-07-15 Tracking Body Weight for Training Insights
2012-04-24 Nanopollutants Harm Vessel Health
2012-01-31 After Such Big Gains, How to Train in 2012?
2012-01-06 Cross-Training for Road Cyclists
2011-12-18 2011: Over a Million Vertical Feet
2011-12-09 Closing in on 1 Million Vertical For 2011
2011-11-28 Cycling Tips: How I Train (in brief)
2011-11-26 Less Than 100,000 feet to Climb
2011-11-24 My 2011 Cycling Accomplishments
2011-11-17 On Track for 1 Million Vertical Feet
2011-10-07 Recovery and Late Season Strength
2011-08-28 Riding Statistics
2011-06-19 Stats This Year
2011-06-04 The Body Weight “Set Point”
2011-05-13 Training Weight Loss Tips
2011-05-11 The Body Weight “Set Point”
2011-04-23 Stats This Year
2011-03-07 New Personal Yearly Best — How Odd?
2011-03-07 New Articles on Stretching, Hard Workouts
2011-02-27 Training and Recovery and Illness
2011-02-26 Computing Calories with SRM Power Meter
2011-02-10 Training progress for the Everest Challenge