Months of training have paid off with a body fat of 7.9%, the lowest I’ve been at since high school. I feel great at this weight, my skin is healthier looking, I exude health, I feel light on my feet, etc.
It’s not just about cycling speed up a hill, it’s about feeling great, being light on one’s feet, a feeling of self-efficacy.
Relative to my June 16 DEXA scan—
- Body fat declined by 3.8 kg (8.5 pounds) from 10.6% to 7.9%, now at the 0th percentile.
- Leg muscle mass has increased by 1.77 kg (3.9 pounds), or nearly 2 pounds per leg.
- Android fat (the bad stuff) has declined to 0.8 pounds (total!).
Relative to Jan 1, 2011 (estimate based on March 31 scan):
- Body fat down by 36 pounds (about 1 pound per week).
- Muscle mass up by at ~10 pounds.
For those who have used the BMI metric (a moronic number when applied to individuals), I am now in the 0th percentile for body fat, yet still classified by the WHO as not that far from being “overweight” (at 10.6% fat a few months ago I was borderline overweight, according to the WHO).