Here’s my very tentative schedule for double century events as part of my training for the Everest Challenge. It might be too much of a load when combined with a training schedules, but I’ve tried to space them out by about a month or so.
After Alta Alpina, I figure training gets more specific, so I have no plans to do any major events before EC and after Alta Alpina.
See also the list of California double century events along with the California Triple Crown (3 double centuries in a year).
- Death Valley Spring Double, 9000' — March 3, 2012. Already sold out.
- Hell’s Gate 100 — March 31, 2012. A long drive for me (1000 miles round trip).
- Devil Mountain Double, 18600' climbing — April 28, 2012s
- Davis Double, 8400' — May 19, 2012. Annoying email list for signup, not open yet apparently.
- Alta Alpina Double 20,300' — June 30, 2012
- Everest Challenge, 29,000' — September 28/29, 2012 (arrive 27th to register)
- Death Valley Fall Double, 9100', October 27, 2012
If those are too easy, there is always the Furnace Creek 508.