The folks over at Stages Cycling have promised me some form 0f their left crankarm power meter for testing in March.
UPDATE: my favored SRM Power Control 7 does NOT work with the Stages Cycling crank. Details on my review page.
Features and Benefits
As per Stages Cycling.
- The industry’s first truly economical power meter, starting at US$699
- ±2% accuracy of strain gage measured power
- Super light fully sealed unit adds just 20g of additional weight to the crank arm
- Designed and approved for Road, Tri, MTB, DH, cyclo-cross, BMX and Track.
- Bilingual communication with ANT+™ and Bluetooth Smart* protocols
- Internal sensor based cadence measurement — no magnets needed
- Active temperature compensation
- Wireless firmware upgrades
- Simple zero reset.
- Fast set up: install crank arm, pair, and go
- No wires, magnets, zip-ties, or additional mounted hardware
- Left arm only design, means no compromise on drive-side spider stiffness or chainrings
- 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Optional 2-year accidental damage protection; Stages Cycling PMP (power meter protection) plan
- Designed and assembled in Boulder, CO USA