2015 is shaping up nicely, so I thought it would be useful to look back on the past few years to get some perspective.
- 2011: 1.2 million vertical feet climbed.
- 2012: leanest and strongest ever, best finish at Everest Challenge, personal best on Old La Honda.
- 2013: shoulder surgery deals a multi-month delay in training, mediocre results at Everest Challenge due to not doing double centuries.
- 2014: shaped up very nicely thru March, but was then hit with a severe gastrointestinal problem lasting months. Training schedule hosed.
- 2015: 3 double centuries finished in March, at least 3 more planned. Riding strong, about 1 pound ahead of the game on body weight vs 2012. But 3 years older!
Figures below are only from SRM power meter data (road bike); considerable mountain bike riding is not included in these figures, particularly 2012.