↝ OWC / MacSales.com... ↜
↝ diglloyd Deal Finder... ↜
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
Ritchey Logic WCS SuperLogic Carbon seatpost
Sure, I love the look of the Moots titanium seat post, but on a road bike, carbon fiber saves some weight, and should dampen vibration a bit better.
The Ritchey Logic WCS SuperLogic carbon seat post also offers another critical advantage over the Moots seat post: it is compatible with the Selle Italia saddle carbon fiber rails, while the Moots post is incompatible. In short, the Ritchey seatpost is lighter, cheaper and more compatible.
- One of the lightest, toughest seatpost designs in the world.
- Patented SideBinder clamp design uses a single 5mm bolt for quick, secure adjustment.
- Precision forged alloy clamp assembly for strength.
- Low-profile head for optimal saddle clearance and sleek lines.
- Wide saddle clamp reduces stress on lightweight saddle rails.
- Interchangeable clamps provide compatibility for all popular rail sizes.
For the Everest Challenge, my goal is to build a durable and reliable bike that minimizes weight. Thus, each part must contribute by not adding 10 grams here, 20 grams there, and that includes the seat post, the stem and the handlebar going onto my Moots Vamoots RSL road bike. Saving 10-30 grams per part versus alternatives is the only way to keep the weight down on a racing bike, yet the parts I choose must be durable and reliable over a year or longer— too light is too light.
$1649 SAVE $150 = 8.0% Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (Late 2016, Space Gray) in All Other Categories
$1400 SAVE $149 = 9.0% NEC PA272W-BK-SV 27" 16:9 IPS Monitor with SpectraViewII in Computers: Displays
$899 SAVE $200 = 18.0% Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Mirrorless (Body, Silver) in Cameras: Mirrorless
Weighed on my lab scale, uncut. I should be able to lose a few grams, since I do not need the full length on my road bike.
Ritchey carbon fiber seat post 350mm X 27.2mm: 176g