↝ OWC / MacSales.com...
↝ diglloyd B&H Deal Finder...
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
20% off every day with coupon code diglloyd20 at NuLeafNaturals.com
Updated formula with more CBD!
100% organic non-GMO, no additives or preservatives, lab tested for purity and quality.
Pearl Izumi 'Octane SL II' Ultralight Cycling Shoes
Related: clothing and footwear, cycling, gear, road biking, Shimano
Click to view a larger image.
I received a positive reaction from my wife on the visual appeal. Since women and shoes are a dangerous area, favorable comments about a road cycling shoe are very good karma. I also happen to think the Octanes are about as good looking a road cycling shoe as I’ve seen, compared to the grungy-looking black Giro ProLight SLX and the good looking Shimano R315.
Pearl Izumi states:
The Octane SL II confirms the axiom that "less is more." The feather-light and ultra stiff Octane Carbon 1:1 Power Plate provides optimal pedaling power and efficiency while the minimalist design of our 1:1 Anatomic Upper delivers the finest in fit and comfort.
- OCTANE 1:1 Power Plate: Octane Grade Uni-Directional Carbon for feather-light stiffness; Direct-Vent technology for cooling and drainage; concave shaping for ultra low 7.0mm stack height, enhanced plate stiffness and anatomic Support; built in Longitudinal Arch Support for optimal Support, power, and efficiency
- P.R.O. 1:1 Anatomic Closure: follows the natural anatomic shape of the foot to eliminate hot spots and remove pressure from your instep
- P.R.O. 1:1 Heel Cup: with synthetic leather lining and external Carbon Power Band for maximum heel hold and power transfer
- P.R.O. Insole with dual density EVA for optimal Longitudinal and Transverse Arch Support
- Pearl Izumi one piece upper with laser technology provides a second skin fit, minimum weight and maximum comfort
8-bay Thunderbolt 3
2.5 or 3.5 inch hard drives, NVMe SSD, USB-C, USB-A, DisplayPort 1.4, SD slot, PCIe slot, 500W power supply.
Non-RAID or RAID-0/1/4/5/10.
Capacities up to 128 Terabytes!
Shoes weighed on a lab-grade scale with Shimano cleats installed for DuraAce pedals:
The Octane SL II is not as light as the Giro Prolight SLX, but it’s lighter than the Shimano R315, and ultimately fit and comfort matter more than a few ounces.
The shoes fit well, but a report will have to wait until I have more riding experience with them.