Bone Health with Vitamin K2: Delicious Grass-Fed Ghee
Your Doctor is NOT Responsible for Your Health—YOU Are! Recommended Reading to Open Your Mind and Ask the Right Questions
Vitamin K2 is essential for bone health by carboxylating proteins that allow calcium into bones. No K2 means bone healt doesn’t happen. Yet most people get way too little vitamin K2, letting calcium float around and slowly deposite itself in all the wrong places. Vitamin K2 is thus also essential for preventing problems that result from excessive calcium in the diet. Think atherosclerosis. And magnesiumis also essential along with Vitamin K2.
READ: Health and Vitality Start with getting Key Nutrients
Getting Vitamin K2 can be tough in a world of factory foods and industrial meat—stay away from all such foods if you can; if a food has more than a few ingredients, it is probably a bad idea—eat unprocessd whole foods whenever possible.
Vitamin K2 sources
Do not assume that other brands or variants are equally good as those listed here.
Supplement choice: emu oil and Vitamin K2 supplements. I advise supplementing when food sources become problematic (e.g., in winter in particular) and/or just to hit it from all sides along with food.
Food choices, all excellent
In general, yellow animal fat indicates Vitamin K2 and beta carotene (both) and this has a distinct pleasant natural taste very different from factory meat/butter.
Tip: fry eggs or meat in grass-fed ghee or duck fat.
- EPIC Duck Fat @AMAZON — top choice from food source without having to buy expensive grass-fed meat.
- Grass-fed beef — real grass fed beef —beware of beef fed anything but fresh green growing grass, and avoid claimed
grass-fed beef finished on corn.
- Eggs from pasture-raised chickens. Yolks should be intensely orange and shells should be very strong —if not, the egg is nutritionally deficient.
- Natto @AMAZON, if you like slimy stinky stuff.
- Grass-fed ghee. Should be yellow and made ONLY when the cows are eating fresh green growing grass. Excellent high-grade choices are Grass-Fed Ghee by 4th & Heart @AMAZON and Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee @AMAZON.