↝ OWC / MacSales.com... ↜
↝ diglloyd Deal Finder... ↜
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
Moots 2011/2012 Vamoots RSL — Build List
Moots 2012 Vamoots RSL Titanium Road Racing Bike
See my reasoning on the build decisions I made on the previous page.
Parts list, some of which was suggested by the experts at Palo Alto Bicycles.
Weight of this fully built-up ready to ride bike: 14.8 pounds, and that’s with two titanium bottle cages and a double layer of bar wrap (those items add 3/16 of a pound right there alone).
- Shimano DuraAce DI2.
- Lightweight Obermayer wheelset (and sometimes the Lightweight VR8 and/or Lightweight Ventoux).
- SRM Cannondale Hollowgram SL crankset.
- Speed sensor, handlebar mount for SRM PC7 head unit (but not the PC7 itself).
- Moots-supplied fork 347g less 25g when cut for my setup = 322g. Moots has chosen an excellent fork, as my test ride proved to me. The Enve 1.0 fork could shave off 2 ounces if one must have every ounce off the bike, but short of trying it out, it’s hard to say if it offers the same handling performance.
- Ritchey SuperLogic II handlebar ~194g.
- Ritchey WCS C260 stem < 110g (90mm length).
- Ritchey SuperLogic carbon seat post ~176g before cutting, less 22.5 grams cut = 154g when cut to fit my saddle height.
- Sella Italia SLR Team Edition saddle ~135g (saves 68g over my usual Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle).
- Shimano DuraAce pedals.
- King titanium cages, bead-blasted finish to match the frame (2).
$43 SAVE $27 = 38.0% APC BE550G Back-UPS 550 8 Outlet Surge Protector and Battery Bac… in Accessories: Batteries and Power
$1849 SAVE $150 = 7.0% Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with Retina Display & Fo… in Computers: Apple Macs
$400 SAVE $675 = 62.0% Dracast LED1000 Silver Series Bi-Color LED Light with V-Mount Ba… in Lighting: LED
$15 SAVE $10 = 40.0% Freehands Womens Unlined Fleece Gloves (Medium, Black) in Accessories: Photo Accessories